Our School Council
Our school council is run by a team of dedicated pupils who are aiming to promote a high quality and ongoing communication between all pupils and all members of staff.
- Each class has one representative in the school council.
- Reception, Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 are all represented in the school council.
- The school council meets fortnightly on a Tuesday during assembly time.
- In the same week of their meeting the councillors will get time to discuss issues and ideas with their classes.
- The councillors design and change their own school board to show their progress with different projects and report back to the pupils in school.
Meeting Ronnie Campbell MP- 15/04/16
Today we met the MP for Blyth Valley, Ronnie Campbell MP. We took him for a tour around school and showed him all of the work we have been doing. He met lots of the teachers and children.
We had lots of questions to ask about his role in Parliament. He told us about projects he is working on, how he fights for change in Blyth and about his daily jobs and responsibilities.
He was able to tell us all about how councils work and it has helped us to think about our own council and how we can improve and develop our role in school.
Penny Poppy for Remembrance Day 2016
Our very dedicated school council have organised and facilitated their own tribute for Remembrance Day. Every child in school has contributed to the penny poppy and everyone should be very proud. Well done to school council, this is a very fitting tribute! We are all very proud of you!